Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Four Square Diaries: My Fight Against Leptospirosis



Let me just say that, while I've never had Leptospirosis nor met anyone with Leptospirosis, I am dedicated my impending Four Square victory against Councilmember David Yassky to the containment of the disease, where an outbreak has occurred in the McCarren Park dog run. To think that any pet owner should have to suffer along with their loved ones through the consequences of this illness because I did not come through on Saturday would be wrenching.

Don't fear, my furry compatriots. I am guaranteeing victory on Saturday.

All week, I have been training for the event, with the help of my personal Four Square coach and Williamsburg Walks coordinator Gregor Nemitz-Ziadie, who is 2nd cousins of Zinedine Yazid Zidane, right. Gregor is actually Swiss and was very excited that Roger Federer won Wimbledon Saturday. He also knows all your bank account routing numbers by memory.

Since then, Gregor and I have been waking up at 5 AM for three-mile runs, honing our ball-handling skills, and hitting the weight room. We did 4 reps of the the twisty-thingy move that Rocky always does in his montage, plus 3 reps of a bench press with free weights, and then wrapped it all up with some ball exercises for my glutes. Gotta protect those glutes.


So what has Councilmember Yassky been doing to get ready for the Saturday Smackdown?

Let's just say that lately it seems like he's been...

you know... a little...

...distracted!

I've been working hard, I'm focused, and I'm ready. Ready to bounce balls. Let's go! Fired up! Ready to go! Fired up! Ready to go! Fired up!

No comments: